Monday, November 28, 2011

A Fantasy but Reality

I've been a Final Fantasy fan since I've played Final Fantasy VIII. This series is the most memorable for me because it's my first "Final Fantasy" game.


Yeah, I'm a sucker for video game romance. 
Squall Leonhart, FFVIII's protagonist

I've dreamed of having a prince charming too, and yeah, it's Squall. Although entirely fictional, he never failed to give me frisson when I was playing FFVIII, especially his scenes with Rinoa. I love the outer space rescue scene, the most romantic! Obviously, I didn't spend my adolescent years getting hooked into teenage romantic movies and TV shows. Anyway, where art thou my Squall? :D

Seifer Almasy, Squall's archrival, one of the game's antagonists.
At first, Seifer's my favourite, but because I only get to use him once in the game, Squall has become my favourite. I like his weapon "Hyperion" than Squall's. He's belligerent but way cooler than Seymour. Wished he was paired with Quistis ^_^

Rinoa Heartilly, Squall's inamorata and Seifer's ex-flame.
Yup, you read it right, a love triangle. Wished they've at least shown a flashback of Rinoa and Seifer's relationship. Childish, but yeah, uh, she's pretty and too damn overrated. I had her in my team, along with Squall and Quistis. No choice, I find the other three (Zell, Selphie, Irvine) more annoying. 

Quistis Trepe, Squall's instructor
I prefer Quistis than Rinoa. She's a child prodigy, at 18 years of age, she's become the youngest instructor in Balamb Garden. Despite those wonderful characteristics, Squall didn't seem to notice her feelings for him. Ugh, whatever, it was then revealed later that it was just sisterly love. By the way, her limit break, Blue Magic, is more useful than Rinoa's Combine and Angel Wing, the latter inflicts decent damage though. I was a student that time, and so I wished to have an instructor like her. Haha.

Err, I ain't gonna talk about the other characters in the game, as if I give a damn about them. LOL. 


Not a fan of love songs, but this one still melts my heart. It's about Julia (Rinoa's mother) and Laguna (Squall's father) and their unspoken feelings. Unfortunately, Laguna was summoned to fulfill his military duties, and the two would never see each other again. Nevertheless, that failed romance is fulfilled through their offsprings. Still a sweet ending. 


"Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec", played during Edea's parade in Deling City, also the chant that plays throughout the game, which translates into "icantgoogleitsorry" LOL. It's also part of the other tracks "Liberi Fatali" and "Succession of the Witches".


Ah, I love this track, makes me feel so tranquil. Feels like I'm in the seventh heaven. 


This is my favourite track, I prefer the piano version though, feels more solemn and poignant. If I were warmhearted, I swear I would cry. It reflect's the party's friendship and hardships when they were young up to the present. 


I'll be here...
Why?
I'll be waiting here...
For what?
I'll be waiting... for you... so...
If you come here...
You'll find me.
I promise.


Whoa, I suddenly felt so nostalgic. 'Til next FF game! :D

1 comment:

  1. boi.. hehe.. natuwa ako dito I've dreamed of having a prince charming too, and yeah, it's Squall.

    ReplyDelete